I THINK IT'S MY FAVORITE ENDING OF ANY SPN EPISODE EXCEPT FOR MAYBE #200.
DYLAN EVERETT (AKA young!Dean) IS SUCH A JOY. He's Colin Ford levels of good. He's Dean's Colin Ford.
+ Jared and Dylan have SUCH GOOD CHEMISTRY! Can we please have more bb!Dean so that this darling can be in more episodes? He's so good!!
+ Tina was such a nice one-off! Both actresses were really good, and she and Dean had some nice chemistry, too. I also LOVE that they showed Dean flirting with a woman his own age.
+ DEAN PICKED UP THE LADY'S KEYS, AND SHE THOUGHT HE WAS SAM'S SON. HE COULD ACTUALLY BE SAM'S SON OMG JARED'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE AAAH
+ Jared made such good faces this episode. When bb!Dean first walked in (it reminds me of Dean's reaction to Sam & Becky's wedding), when Dean talked about puberty, when Dean insulted his size, TAYLOR SWIFT TAYLOR SWIFT TAYLOR SWIFT
+ Also, Jared's faces during the serious moments, like when he said maybe they shouldn't split up and when Dean talked about staying 14
+ I LOVE HOW VICIOUS SAM GETS WHEN DEAN IS IN DANGER, I.E., WHEN HE SLAMMED THE BARTENDER AGAINST THE BAR. PROTECTIVE!SAM IS MY FAVORITE SAM.
+ That was actually a pretty good MOW case. Hansel was suitably creepy, and the witch was kind of funny.
+ I NEVER KNEW TAYLOR SWIFT IN SPN WAS A THING I NEEDED UNTIL I GOT IT.
+ Dean calling himself a rage-monster psycho/borderline demon made me extremely happy (as did his self-imposed isolation). I'LL TAKE SELF-AWARENESS WHERE I CAN GET IT.
+ NO CASTIEL & NO CROWLEY MAKE FOR A HAPPY ALEXANDRA.
+ NEXT WEEK'S EP IS MOW, TOO, I'M SO GLAD
- I'm glad that Tina was happy, but WTF with the writers stealing a woman's body?? And Dean sounding so blase about it? That was terrible dialogue. Like, I'm totally willing to fanwank it that Dean thought burning the hex bag would also destroy it and reverse the curse, but why do I have to fanwank that in the first place? Would it have been so hard to add a three-second line where he said, "I thought destroying the bag in the fire would reverse the curse"?!? It would have made sense and been in-character, and it would have kept him from sounding like a dick. Why is the writing so lazy?? Uggghhh
- Their disgust with the homeless man's ranting about aliens was really gross and felt like they were mocking his mental illness. Not that I should be surprised by ableism in SPN of all shows, but ugh.
- I think the Obama line was a joke, but I'm honestly not sure? If Dean is a Republican we're gonna have bigger problems than when he was a demon.
- I'm glad that the witch died in the oven since it's in keeping with the fairy tale, but it felt uncomfortably like psycho-rage-monster-borderline-demon!Dea
- I appreciate that Sam thanked Dean and that Dean seemed to genuinely acknowledge it, but do you think we could get the opposite once in a while? Remember how when Dean started to thank Sam for curing him from being a demon, Sam said you never need to say thank you? Remember that, writers? Also, pulled a Dean Winchester? Could we get a pulled a Sam Winchester at some point, please? Can we please acknowledge that Sam is AMAZING?
This is neither a plus or a minus, but do the writers realize how many bi-suggestive lines they give Dean? Like when he says "Finally this gig gets R-rated" as he looks at a picture of man? Or when he says he'd prefer the little green guys [with lube] to angels? Are they queerbaiting even when Cas isn't on screen, or are they honestly just that foolish? They're like Tobias Funke; they don't even know what they're saying.